Deadline of application and video is March 31, 2019 at 11:59pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
DATE: June 3, 2019, Monday 7:00pm Admission by donation
VENUE: Magee Secondary School Theatre, 6360 Maple St. Vancouver BC V6M 4M2
Concerto Audition Rules and Regulations (application form link at the bottom)
The Canada International Arts and Music Society, in collaboration with A Little Night Music Orchestra, is pleased to announce the 2019 Concerto Concert. This is an opportunity for young aspiring musicians to gain their initial experience performing with full orchestra, conducted by Maestra Alana Chan, the Music Director of A Little Night Music Orchestra (ALNMO, http://www.alnm.ca). This is purely an opportunity for young musicians to perform with an orchestra, not to be in an event of a competition. Due to limited performance time, only maximum of three performers will be selected by a video audition.
Founded and supported by artists, educators, professionals and social activists from Western Canada, the Canada International Arts and Music Society (CIAMS) is a non-profit organization that aims to promote musical and cultural exchange through organizing international music competitions, premier recitals and other artistic events.
The Canada International Arts & Music Society seeks to:
-Provide high-quality events (concerts, recitals, competitions, lectures, workshops, etc.) to the Vancouver community
-Encourage collaboration and resource-sharing among artists and other professionals
-Provide emerging musicians with a platform for artistic growth and development
-Foster communication and cultural exchange between artists from all over the world
REHEARSAL VENUE AND SCHEDULE
To be announced to selected performers upon invitation.
1. Open to all instrumentalists up to age 18 and vocalists up to age 22, of any nationality.
2. Performers must perform from memory- for both the video audition and final performance.
3. No changes of repertoires are allowed after the application package is submitted.
4. Application fee and performance fee are not refundable under any circumstances.
5. Only a maximum of 3 performers will be selected.
6. All selected performers must attend all the assigned rehearsal sessions.
7. Selection process is by video audition submitted in the format of YouTube link. The videos will be kept confidential and viewed only by the board members of the CIAMS and the Music Director of ALNMO.
8. The final result will be based solely on the video recordings submitted.
9. Results are final and cannot be appealed.
10. Arrangements, simplified or modified editions, popular music and/or non-classical music will not be accepted.
11. If the orchestral parts of the piece selected by the performer are not in the database of the orchestra, it is the performer’s responsibility to provide all required parts for the orchestra.
12. All performers are responsible for their expense for appearing in the rehearsals and concert (travel, housing accommodations, transportation of instrument, etc.).
13. The CIAMS committee reserves the right to make any changes to the rules, dates, schedules and all the other information related to the event.
14. The CIAMS and ALNMO respects diversity and there is no discrimination based on race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, or political association.
1. Submit an online application at on or before March 31, 2019
2. Submit a profile photo, bio online and send the performance video YouTube link of the movement of concerto to email@example.com. For vocalists, any aria is accepted.
3. The time limit of performance is max.15 minutes. Your video should include a full performance of your chosen work with piano accompaniment, and should be a fair representation of your ability. Professional quality of video is preferred, but not necessary.
4. Pay the application fee of $30 along with the submission of application
5. Pay the full performance fee of $500 within 5 working days upon invitation. Results will be announced on April 5th, 2019
Any movement of a standard concerto for instrumentalists; and any aria for vocalists. Maximum 15 minutes. The piece selected by the applicant in the audition video will be the same piece to be performed at the concert.
METHOD OF PAYMENT
Click the following link or scan the code for online application:https://form.jotform.com/90546156836262